*NOTE: The deadlines represent the time that all application documents must be completed with the tuition paid in full.
The Hanyang Institute of International Education draws high satisfaction from attendees with a superior program, constant promotion, and effective Korean education management system. We do our best effort to lead students to overcome their limitations and exceed in the modern world. We hope that students can achieve their dream by improving their knowledge at Hanyang.
Medium intensity means the school gives you a perfect balance between study pace and free time. This means that you’ll be able to enjoy your life in Korea, while still being able to effectively progress your studies.
There will be a chance to meet and ask for advice from senior students from your country.
Don’t worry if you’ve never learned any Korean before. The school offers courses that start from the very basics designed to let students from any country or language background learn easily!
The staff are professionals who will be able to assist you with any issues you may have during your studies.
You’ll have many opportunities to meet with local Koreans and Korean students at various school events. They also have an International Student Mentoring program designed to have Korean students assist international students.
A comfortable space where you can do some studying, mix and mingle with your fellow students, or even just take a break.
Need Internet to look up vocabulary you can’t remember, or to text the friend you just met in class? Use the free wifi available at school!
One of the best parts of being a student is the student dorm – the school operates dormitories which are all close to the school, making them one of the cheapest and most convenient options for student housing.
Besides joining Korean classes, students can join volunteer opportunities in the local area to better feel like part of the local community.
You will be introduced to the student clubs so that you can have a new network of friends with Korea students.
With easy access from Wangsimni Station on the Seoul Subway Line 2, Line 5, the Gyeongui-Jungang Line, and the Bundang Line, there are lots of places for Hanyang University students to visit such as the CGV IMAX movie theater with the largest IMAX screen in South Korea; the Four Season Water Park, the only water park in downtown Seoul; and Enter 6 - the largest clothing shopping mall in Korea. Plus there are many more areas to enjoy yourself near campus.
Comprehensive course for international students who wish to study Korean. Students progress through 6 levels of Korean language classes. There is a Korean culture class linked to the Korean language curriculum.
Without Student Visa
With Student Visa
6 - 24 months
Course hours per week20
○ Basic vocabulary essential for daily life
○ Improve ability to organize sentences using honorifics
○ Necessary phrases for greetings, introductions, shopping and dining
○ Date and time expressions
○ Pronunciation and phonological changes in Korean.
○ Grammar focus such as connective and final endings, passive sentences, and indirect speech.
○ Practical conversations such as phone calls, reservations, post office visits, etc.
○ Basic vocabulary for everyday life
○ Complicated postposition, connective endings, final endings, and supplementary predicate words
○ Improve ability to communicate using familiar subjects
○ Onomatopoeia, mimic words, proverbs, and current expressions.
○ Complicated postposition and honorifics.
○ Improve ability to logically state an opinion concerning social issues.
○ Idioms and foreign loanwords
○ Vocabulary related to social phenomenon
○ Comparably easy literature and current events related to politics, economics, and culture
○ Language expressions for summarizing, demonstrating, and persuasion.
○ Professional and intensive course for students who have completed all levels within the Korean program.
○ Preparation for university, graduate school, or employment.
○ For students desiring complete Korean fluency.
○ PowerPoint presentations, multimedia, essay writing, translation, intensive listening and reading, vocabulary and grammar.
Tuition Cost Breakdown
Note: Textbook - About 50,000 KRW per term
Please contact your coordinator for more information regarding dormitories.
Hanyang University offers variety of scholarship for students who were diligent and an excellent academic perfermance.