*NOTE: The deadlines represent the time that all application documents must be completed with the tuition paid in full.
The Korean Language Institute at Konkuk University was first introduced in 1998 and since then, it has grown to about 50 Korean language teachers and 800 enrolled students. The program is known for their long-term courses of 6 months or longer, so that the student can fully develop their Korean language abilities properly.
KLI also offers a mentorship program which pairs Korean language students with a Korean university student mentor based on availability.
Medium-High intensity means that this school’s pace is above average. This means you’ll have to do a bit more work to keep up with the pace of the course, but in the end, it means you’ll be learning and mastering the language faster.
Konkuk offers a special program that pairs you with a real, local Korean student attending Konkuk. The student will help you with any questions you may have. It's a great chance to make a friend right on campus, have someone to help you out, and practice your Korean all at once!
Don’t worry if you’ve never learned any Korean before. The school offers courses that start from the very basics designed to let students from any country or language background learn easily!
The staff are professionals who will be able to assist you with any issues you may have during your studies.
One of the best parts of being a student is the student dorm – the school operates dormitories which are all close to the school, making them one of the cheapest and most convenient options for student housing.
Conveniently located on the Green line, all the major stops in Seoul are very accessible from Konkuk University subway station. Because Konkuk University is a large private university, the area surrounding the university is a lively college atmosphere with many shops and restaurants catering to college students.
Located nearby is Ttukseom Hangang Park, which is a year round theme park for all ages. In the summer, the resort features a water park, and in the winter, a snow sledding park.
The course is divided into six levels which students are assigned to according to the placement test results. Thus, students can take lectures based on their Korean proficiency, with the aim of enhancing their linguistic capability for various situations. The program focuses on learning language, as well as, culture through distinguished culture classes.
Without Student Visa
With Student Visa
6 - 24 months
Course hours per week20
- Learn to read and write Hangul.
- Learn everyday conversations including greetings, self-introduction, finding your way, making phone calls, buying things, and ordering meals.
- Learn the ability to form longer sentences plus more complicated joining clauses. Also, you will learn formal and informal expressions and indirect speeches.
- Write simple everyday phrases.
- Learn to use causative, passive, speculation expressions.
- Learn to use basic and simple conversation based on the understanding of the Korean lifestyle without difficulty.
- Practice frequently used idioms and proverbs and through it, the knowledge of the Korean culture and customs will be expanded.
- Gain the ability to discuss beyond every day life situations and express opinions about various topics.
- Understand basic themes in Korean politics, economy, society, and culture.
- Learn the various differences between written and spoken Korean and the appropriate use of official and unofficial expressions.
- Begin to understand the general idea after reading reports and listening to the news.
- Gain fluency in Korean and understand various topics across all levels of society.
- Ability to understand the various content and topics of articles, literature, news, and entertainment.
Tuition Cost Breakdown
Note: Textbook - 50,000 KRW per term
Please contact your coordinator for more information regarding dormitories.